Monday, June 6, 2011

Kyiv Trip re-cap part 3

After my first metro ride, we went to see St. Michael's church. It was the most beautiful shade of blue. Tara says that this blue embodies Ukraine for her. It was amazing, especially against the beautiful blue sky in Kyiv that day.


Besides visiting my friends, the only thing I really wanted to see in Kyiv was the beautiful churches, and you'll soon see that I saw many. Could not take pictures inside for the most part, but take my word for it that the insides were as or more beautiful than the outsides.



This is the square with St. Michael's - I just couldn't get enough of its beauty.



After a very full afternoon of shopping and sight-seeing, we went home. After the kids went to bed, Tara and her husband and I had a good time talking. I had no idea I had kept them up so late until we went to bed and I saw the time on my phone! It was great catching up with them.


What we did Monday will be in the next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment