Monday, March 8, 2010

Surving change

Well, I did it. I had more than 6 inches of my hair cut off, re-styled and re-colored yesterday and I lived to tell about it. Don't laugh--I'm not being overdramatic. It was a hard thing for this I-hate-change firstborn type-A girl. Besides, the only thing I remotely liked about myself heretofor was my hair, so if that was messed up, I had decided I'd call in ugly for work today.

Thankfully, I was assigned a senior stylist at Penney's and while the color is redder than we planned, I am fairly pleased with it. Now I just need to continue to learn how to style it myself! :)

Here is the before shot:
Here are some "after" shots...do you KNOW how hard it is to get a pic of the back of your hair by yourself? Where is that Mr. Wonderful when I need him?!?!




Yes, I know I need lipstick and a refresh on the makeup in the pics, but it was late and I was tired, so there! :)

Next change will be the glasses [purple of course] that should be in in a couple weeks. Then perhaps I'll branch out into other changes...who knows where a new 'do can lead?? :)

2 comments: