Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Tids 'n tads, part 1

Sometimes You are as close as breathing
When I speak in faith, simply believing
You are near.

Other times I just can't feel you near me
Yet you have promised You're always here
You are near.

No matter what my feelings are
Whether it seems You're close or far
You are ever near, You are here.
--------------------------------------
"'You will seek Me and find Me when you seek Me with all your heart'".--Jeremiah 29:13, NASB

"'I will never desert you, nor will I ever forsake you.'"--Hebrews 13:5b, NASB

"'Lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age'".--Matthew 28:20b, NASB

"As for me, I shall call upon God, and the Lord will save me."--Psalm 55:16, NASB
------------------------------------

This doesn't happen as often as it used to, but occasionally the Lord will bring a verse or two to mind and I will scribble it down on a scrap of paper. Later, I will revisit, pursue & expand it until I feel the "poem yearning to be a song" is complete.

Sometimes, though, that slip of paper might get lost/buried under a pile of stuff and forgotten about for weeks, months or years! Such is the case with several snippets I've found recently.

I've been reading these repeatedly, and try as I might, I'm not coming up with anything that I feel completes them, so I'm sharing them "a la carte" if you will. Along with the partial poem will come my thoughts and some relevant Scriptures.

These verses about God's nearness are precious promises to me. My feelings are very fickle and often aren't true. As I read once, faith is not a feeling. I must go back to what I know to be true, and that's what the Lord says in His Word. He promises me He is always with me, and hears me when I call.

So whether I'm feeling super-spiritual because I had a great time of fellowship with Him in His Word or intense moments in prayer OR whether I feel far away from His heart, due to my own sin or failure to trust Him or spend time with Him...the truth of the matter is that He's always near.

Actually, He's nearer than near. He's here.

I'm so glad for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment