Monday, June 14, 2010

HOME

Home is...

1) Cat-free :)
2) Dog-free :(
3) Comfortable
4) Relaxing
5) Cluttered b/c I need to unpack
6) Where I spent last night :)

I knew it was too good to be true that I was in my own bed early, reading, last night. I got a phone call from the pets' owner and she had missed her flight. I had already taken the meds I take at bedtime which make me sleepy. I had to go over to her apartment and walk the dog. Then because I was so sleepy, I had to call a friend to stay on the phone with me so I wouldn't fall asleep until I got home.

The owner finally arrived home this morning and I'm assuming the animals were fine overnight because I haven't heard anything.

I can't tell you what an enormous sense of relief I have that none of the three animals (cat, dog, horse) were sick/needed vet care during the time they were in my care.

I am looking forward to NOT being on call tonight and maybe getting a full night's sleep for the first night in 17!!!

And, in just 4 days, 96 hours or 5760 minutes (not that I'm counting), I'll be with my precious niece (and her parents and mine). HOORAY! :) :)

Have a great week.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah! Hope that deposit in the Ukraine account was a big one! :)

    ReplyDelete