Praise the Lord that things have gone well. Only the cat has gotten sick and as gross as it was, it was only once. They are both eating and doing well and I am praying that continues through Sunday when I will be relieved of my duties. :)
Following are a few things I've learned from the 2 different species I'm co-habitating with:
FROM THE CAT:
- Life is all about me. I couldn't care less if I make you happy--you're the one that's supposed to make me happy, remember? Now where's my treat?
- This is my world, and I just let you live in it. Why is it so difficult for you to remember that?
- I will NOT come when you call me and am offended you would think for a moment that I would.
- I am not necessarily happy to see you when you get home--especially if you interrupt my nap.
FROM THE DOG:
- Life is all about you and I'll show you with my every breath that you are the center of my universe. My life's goal is to please you.
- This is your world and I'm happy to be a part of it.
- I will come when you call me because I love you and there's always a chance you'll have a treat for me, or a belly rub, both of which I enjoy immensely. But just being next to you is all I need to be happy.
- I am ALWAYS glad to see you when you get home--whether it's been 5 minutes or 5 hours! A minute without you is too long.
No offense to you cat-lovers, I respect you. I don't understand you, but I respect you nonetheless!