Monday, September 26, 2011

To befriend or beware....???

So on Friday, when I opened the mailbox (which is so pleasantly attached to my house and not a walk away as it's been these previous 10 years of apartment-dwelling)...there was a letter handwritten in pencil on white notebook paper that read:

PLEASE WATCH OUT FOR THE SQUIRRELS IN OUR NEIGHBORHOOD

Which immediately got me to wondering...was I to watch out in the sense of be careful not to run over them with my car? Or was I to watch out in the sense that they not break into my house and attack me at night?

I'm generally not a fan of squirrels. They are too rodent-looking to me. I have nothing especially against them and will not intentially harm them, but, well, just not my favorite out of all the creatures God made.

It just struck me as a very odd message. Maybe it will give you a chuckle like it did me.

1 comment: