Tuesday, December 27, 2011

My tiny little red-headed Christmas present

Here, in her Christmas finery, is my tiny, red-headed Christmas present, Kaelynn Mae Moseley, my newborn niece that I had the unspeakable pleasure of spending the past weekend with.





Since she is exclusively nursing and my SIL is feeding on demand and co-sleeping, there wasn't a lot of time for others to hold Kaelynn, but I did get to hold her a couple times and yesterday got to hold her while she slept for more than an hour. The faces she made in her sleep made me wonder what that pretty little head was dreaming about. Sometimes she almost smiled, sometimes it looked like she was almost going to cry.



Kaelynn's lungs are strong. She detests her diaper being changed and is not a fan of being in her car seat. It broke my heart to be in the back seat of the car with her on the way to church, having her cry her eyes out and not being able to soothe her. It gave me a fraction of what a parent must feel when they are unable to soothe their child's pain. I would have done anything in those moments to make her tears go away.



My bro and SIL are doing great as first time sleep-deprived parents and even hosted Christmas dinner for the extended family. I enjoyed seeing my brother be a baby-wearing Daddy yesterday as we walked to Starbucks with Kaelynn strapped to his chest.



Most of the pictures are on my Mom's camera, that's why there are only 2 here, but you can see what a beauty she is, and hopefully you can get a sense of how perfectly happy I was holding her in the second picture.



I hope you had a wonderful Christmas - I did. For beyond a newborn niece, the ultimate Christmas gift was a newborn King of Kings that came in human form to be Emmanuel, God With Us, to one day grow up to die in our place in order to take our sins away. All praise to Him!

2 comments:

  1. I am so happy for you and your family! How precious is little Kaelynn! Congratulations on becoming an Aunt!!

    Oh, and btw, I'll be a grandma this coming March!! So happy!

    ReplyDelete