Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Happy Veterans Day and time for a break...

To all our veterans, past & present:

Thank you, from the bottom of my heart, for your service to our country. Your sacrifice, and that of your families, is not in vain. I praise the Lord for the privilege of living in this country that is free because of you. Every day you should be remembered, not just 11/11.

======================================================

Completely unrelated and no where near as important: As of 3:30 p.m. CST this afternoon, I am on vacation...will not return to work until Thursday 11/19. Going to be in CA with friends and family...and then, for the first time ever, because I've always wanted to, a day for ME on the beach. A time to think, pray, write, and reflect on God's beautiful creation and work in my life.

Hope to capture the sunset and/or sunrise over the ocean on camera--but even if I don't, it will be captured in my mind. Even though I am regretting (from a purely financial perspective) spending the $$ on this trip, I am really ready for a break, and since I would lose quite a bit if I canceled, I am going!!! Have the boarding pass printed. :)

"See you" in a week! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment