Friday, October 15, 2010

Verses That Have/Are Encouraging Me

I frequently struggle with discouragement and depression and there's no better cure for that than seeking the Lord's comforting truth in His Word. Here are some verses that have and continue to bring me comfort and encouragement. I hope they do the same for you. I don't have a verse-numbered version of The Message yet (though hoping I get one for Christmas!) so I just have the chapters...

"You've kept track of my every toss and turn, through the sleepless nights. Each tear entered in your ledger, each ache written in your book."--Psalm 56

"God's love is meteoric, His loyalty astronomic, His purpose titanic, His verdicts oceanic. Yet in His largeness nothing gets lost. Not a man, not a mouse, slips through the cracks. How exquistie your love O God! How eager we are to run under your wings...You're a fountain of cascading light, and you open our eyes to light."--Psalm 36

"Is anyone crying for help? God is listening, ready to rescue you. If your heart is broken, you'll find God right there...disciples so often get into trouble; still God is there every time...no one who runs to Him loses out."--Psalm 34

"If God hadn't been there for me, I never would have made it. The minute I said, 'I'm slipping, I'm falling,' you love, God, took hold and held me fast. When I was upset and beside myself, you calmed me down and cheered me up."--Psalm 94

"From the bottom of my heart I thank you, dear Lord...You've always been great toward me--what love! You snatch me from the brink of disaster!...You God, are both tender and kind, not easily angered, immense in love, and you never, never quit."--Psalm 86

"You're my cave to hide in, my cliff to climb. Be my safe leader, be my true mountain guide. Free me from hidden traps; I want to hide in you. I've put my life in your hands. You won't drop me, you'll never let me down."--Psalm 31

"I said to myself, 'Relax and rest. God has showered you with blessings. Soul, you've been rescued from death; eye, you've been rescued from tears; and you, foot, were kept from stumbling.'"--Psalm 116

"I was right on the cliff edge, ready to fall, when God grabbed and held me. God's my strength, He's also my song, and now He's my salvation...Thank God, He's so good. His love never quits."--Psalm 118

"Praise God, everybody! Applaud God, all people! His love has taken over out lives; God's faithful ways are eternal. Hallelujah!"--Psalm 117

No comments:

Post a Comment