Friday, October 1, 2010

So Like God

So you know my recent anxiety about changes at The Company. Yesterday as my boss was leaving at the end of the day, he gave me some very good news. They have hired my new co-worker. K actually already works for The Company in another department and I have known her the past 6.5 years I've worked there. While I don't know her well, I know that she is nice and seems like she will be very good to work with. She will move from her department to the seat 6 feet away from me on October 18.

How like God not only to answer my prayers for a good co-worker, but to go above and beyond and to make it someone I already know and like! While it will still be stressful to train K while I try to keep up with my own work during our busy reporting cycle, I know K will work hard to help as much as she can. Not only that, but my boss and my supervisor have both told me they want me not to stress out. I'm so thankful to work with supportive leaders.

I am once again amazed that I am amazed at how marvelously kind and gracious my Heavenly Father is. Why should this surprise me? He is always good, always kind, always gracious, above and beyond anything I could imagine. How foolish I am to worry instead of trusting Him. One of my favorite Psalms is 118 and a portion in The Message says "Thank God. He's so good. His love never quits." And for me, that about sums up my thoughts on this.

Thanks for your prayers. So like God to do immeasurably more than I could ask or think! (see Ephesians 3:20-21 on sidebar)

Have a great weekend, everyone. And may you relish God's goodness and kindness in your life this day.

No comments:

Post a Comment