Friday, September 24, 2010

Bootless!

Monday I was told by the physical therapist that I could start "weaning myself off" the boot I've had on my ankle/leg for the past 4 weeks. I wore it for a couple hours Tuesday, then had it off, then back on every few hours and did okay. Wednesday I saw the doctor and he agreed that the ligaments have tightened up (the goal) so I don't have to wear the boot any more. Today is going to be my first full day bootless and it's very freeing.


I'm told that my ankle could continue to bother me for several months, and the swelling can last up to a year. I'll be in physical therapy for at least another couple weeks and have home exercises to do for the forseeable future.


BUT, I am so thankful to be bootless beginning today! Thank you Lord. Happy Friday, everyone. GO BUCKS!!! :)

1 comment: