Thursday, September 2, 2010

The L-O-N-G Wait is OVER!

After an excruciating 8 month wait, one of my favorite things resumes tonight!



COLLEGE FOOTBALL!!!! My Ohio State Buckeyes play Marshall tonight. Sadly I won't be able to watch the game because the place where I'm pet-sitting tonight doesn't have the Big Ten Network. However, hopefully I'll be able to hear my Buckeyes on the radio/computer.






I am really looking forward to the season beginning. I never used to watch much football on TV until my SIL J came into the family in 2002. She is an expert on college football!!! Each year since then, I've become more and more interested. It's actually kind of a necessity so I can participate semi-intelligently in family conversations!


One of my favorite weekend activities is cross-stitching or knitting while watching the football games. I'm not so much into Pro (NFL) football, though, because I have a hard time respecting most of the players. But in college, the guys are (for the most part) still untainted by fame & fortune and it really is all about the game.


Why would a girl who lives in TX be rooting for the Ohio State Buckeyes, you might wonder? For those that don't know, I was born & raised in Ohio. My Dad taught at Ohio State (the branch in Lima) for 35 years. My brother M went there for medical school. His wife J went there for her Ph.D. My brother M now works there, as did my SIL before she "retired" (for now, while my niece A is young) earlier this week. So needless to say, I "bleed" scarlet & gray, our beloved Ohio State's colors!


So it is with much excitement and anticipation that I welcome the 2010-2011 college football season this evening. GO BUCKS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment