Saturday, April 12, 2014

Dad is home!

I am so thankful to report we are home! It's a great 45th wedding anniversary for my parents today.

Yes, I drove down to be here to help any way I could, a decision I made yesterday morning before the possibility of Dad being discharged to home health care was even an option. I'm so thankful for my friend Mary who helped me follow my gut and decide this (not in Dallas studying) is where I need to be. I am called to honor my parents, and this is a time for that.

Dad is doing remarkably well getting around in the walker, considering he has a 6" incision in his low back, and it's not hardly four full days after surgery. There are a lot of throw rugs in this house that are making mom and I nervous, but he is insistent that they stay where they are.

The home health care agency is supposed to call Monday.

 I went to pick up his Rx at Walmart only to find it closed at 7:00pm. What in the world? They live in a nice area. This is not like the CVS near my house that has legit reasons for closing early. We are hoping Dad will be ok without this med tonight. He hasn't had it the past three nights, but we wanted him to have it as an option just in case.

Please continue to pray for pain management, for good rest, and for grace when crankiness sets in. :)

Thank you so much for your prayers! To God be the glory!

2 comments:

  1. I didn't even know it was their anniversary- tell them congratulations and I insist on dessert!!! :) And ask Mr. Gardener, please, what do I need to give my nadinias (sp?) to grow!??!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary to your parents! It is good to hear that your Dad is doing well. Thanks for the update.

    ReplyDelete