Thursday, December 10, 2009

His Strength is Perfect

2 Corinthians 12:9-10:

9And He has said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness " Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me.

10Therefore I am well content with weaknesses, with insults, with distresses, with persecutions, with difficulties, for Christ's sake; for when I am weak, then I am strong.


These verses have always been a precious promise of God’s provision of strength when we are at our weakest. These verses are also a great way to encapsulate my week thus far.


Due to a family emergency, the oboe player at my church is unable to play for the 4 special music services/concerts this Sunday (and the 3 rehearsals between Wednesday and Saturday for Sunday)…she asked me to play in her place and I am doing my best…but it’s going to happen only by God’s grace! I have not been playing much at all, so to sightread music this ‘late in the game’ is not easy, nor is it something I’m comfortable with when it’s broadcast on radio, TV and internet!


But, then, none of this is about me! God in His sovereignty knew the tragic circumstances for my friend that would cause her to need me to play the oboe/English Horn parts. I don’t understand, nor does she. But we know God has a reason, so we trust Him!


Please pray for the H family, as they bury the second (adult) sibling/child in 4 years on one side of the family…the extended family is scattered and will be traveling for the funeral and there is much bad weather in the way.


I praise the Lord that He is sufficient—His grace, His strength, His sovereign timing, and His peace!



To God be the glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment