Wednesday, December 23, 2009

I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

As songwriters and poets have testified over time, there’s something very special about a White Christmas. For us Christians, there are such eternal analogies within this beautiful wonder. Sitting inside the warmth of my parent’s house in northwestern Ohio one Christmas morning, I looked with amazement on the many inches of pure white snow. I couldn’t help praising our mighty God for the cleansing power of His saving blood over the blackness of my sin. May we never forget the miracle of salvation that began on earth with a tiny baby whose birth we celebrate during the Christmas season. May we be often reminded of this life-changing truth each time we delight in the pleasure of clean white snow!

“O Loving and kind God, have mercy. Have pity upon me and take away the awful stain of my transgressions. Oh, wash me, cleanse me from this guilt. Let me be pure again…sprinkle me with the cleansing blood and I shall be clean again. Wash me and I shall be whiter than snow.” Ps. 51:1-2, 7 TLB



A Christmas Snow

The clean beauty of the snow

Silently covers all the earth

Much like my Lord did show

His love, which gives to me my worth


For as sparkling and pure

As untouched snow

Is the state of my heart,

Because to Calvary He did go


Unspeakable beauty,

Unfathomable grace

Unthinkable mercy

You died in my place.


This gorgeous reminder

Of your cleansing salvation

This snowy wonderland’s

Such a magnificent creation


Thanks, Lord, for the pleasure

Of a world so crystal white

But so much greater is the cleansing

That made my heart aright


This white Christmas gift

Outside and within

Praise floods my heart

Where can I begin?


May I ever praise you

For the cleansing of my soul

As I gaze at the beauty

Of this freshly fallen snow!

1 comment:

  1. Love it, Sarah!!

    Got the package today- thank you for saving the birthday from disaster! :) I ordered a check from the bank that will come next week.

    ReplyDelete