Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Happy Veterans' Day!


I know it's not officially until tomorrow, but I think it's great to think about this much more than 1 day a year.
Thank you, Yellow Hats, The W's, The S's and all other Veterans and their families for your selfless service!
I've just finished reading a series of books set during the Revolutionary War. Back then, ordinary citizens' lives were turned upside down because a war was on. As late as WWII, they were rations and shortages (I'm told) for the average citizens. Yet in today's day and age, it's so easy to forget we're at war, because I don't have to do without things just because we are. I'm afraid that leads me (not that it's an excuse, but it is a reason) to take my freedom for granted. I am really going to try to stop doing that and begin to be intentional about thanking the Lord for our Armed Forces and our Veterans. Thank you for what you do!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment