Saturday, January 15, 2011

Not Forgotten!

"God's love is meteoric, His loyalty astronomic, His purpose titantic, His verdicts oceanic. Yet in His largeness, nothing gets lost. Not a man, not a mouse, slips through the cracks. How exquisite Your love, O God! How eager we are to run under Your wings...You're a fountain of cascading light, and You open our eyes to light."--Psalm 36:5-7,9 The Message

I'm a part of the Siesta Scripture Memory Team via Beth Moore's The LPM Blog. This was a very big blessing in 2009 when the LPM blog community did it last. I have been lax in my adult years in memorizing Scripture and this has realy helped keep me accountable.

The verse I've chosen to memorize for the next 2 weeks is really encouraging to me. Such an awesome, mighty, omnipotent God--and He cares about me, a small tiny speck in the context of the universe. A dear friend of mind reminded me also of this fantastic promise in her gift to me this past Christmas. She gave me a beautiful teacup and teaset that had a forget me not pattern on it...so, she said, I would always remember that the Lord will never forget me. I cannot tell you how much this encouraged and inspired me.

You can see from my "about me" statement that my dreams are far-fetched from a human perspective (I'm in my late thirties and [very] single!)--but the verses above remind me that God doesn't forget me. He sees me, He loves me, and He has a plan. What a wonderfully encouraging truth this is.

Whoever and wherever you are, whatever you've done, God cares. He sees, He loves and He remembers you. Never lose sight of that!

No comments:

Post a Comment